Frayed or fringed, studded or slit—odds are, eyes on your hems.
- An uneven hem—a “denim mullet,” if you will—makes this pair extra flattering. Hudson Colette Step Hem, $195 at Indigo
- Cool-girl laces breathe life back into basic skinnies. Black Orchid Lara Lace Down High Rise Skinny, $216 at Indigo
- Just waiting for a pair of statement heels. Joe’s Jeans Aydin Ripped Skinny, $168 at Steamroller Blues
- Understated studs add glam without going overboard. Citizen of Humanity Rocket High Rise Skinny Ankle Split Hem, $238 at Indigo
- The dark stripe along the side of this vintage-y pair is super slimming. McGuire Vintage Slim Crop, $238 at Beyond Cotton Two
- Just rough-and-tumble enough. A Gold E Hi Rise Skinny in Paradox, $158 at Steamroller Blues
- A kicky crop and slight fray make for a sophisticated take on the trend. Mother Hustler Ankle Fray, $228 at Beige
Don’t shy away from embellishments like embroidery, two-toned patchwork, lace insets or ’90s-esque rips—just tone them down with a simple tee.
- Subtle indigo-on-indigo embroidery keeps this pair grounded. Dear John Joyrich Violet, $84 at Box Turtle
- We’d reach for these on the weekend—like, every weekend. Dear John Joyrich Arrington, $84 at Box Turtle
- Grunge-y lace toughens up a pair of super-chic (and super soft!) skinnies. Mother Super Stunner Lace-inset Ankle, $228 at Barbara/Jean
- Perfectly lived-in with a classic, high-rise shape—like they just walked off a ’90s runway. Citizen of Humanity Liya, $258 at Beige
Because every great pair of jeans deserves a great pair of ankle boots (and a hanky and a crossbody bag and some baubles…)