WE’VE BEEN NICE this year. OK, mostly nice. Most of us, anyway. With that in mind, here’s what we’re wishing for, in case we’re on your shopping list.
PHOTOGRAPHER ARSHIA KHAN: TOTALLY NICE
– A pretty new pair of Kate Hoops from Local Eclectic.
– A macrame plant hanger.
– A luna tumbler from Mom & Pop Shoppe in Fayetteville for my morning tea.
– Hugs and kisses and time spent with everyone I love.
– Also, a kitten.
SENIOR EDITOR JORDAN HICKEY: GENERALLY NICE
– Amazon gift cards: Much to my family’s collective chagrin, this is a regular fixture on my holiday wish list. The reason? That 83-item-deep shopping cart of books—The Book of Emma Reyes: A Memoir, Among the Thugs, The Unwomanly Face of War: An Oral History of Women in World War II, A Brief History of Seven Killings—isn’t gonna be getting any shorter.
– Weather appropriate for the season: Not that I don’t enjoy being able to wear a T-shirt in mid-December, but as a Chicago-area native, I’ve gotta say: Really, Arkansas?
– Brooks Men’s Cascadia 12 running shoes: We featured these shoes some time ago in the magazine, and now that the soles of my current pair have been worn thin running loops around Pinnacle, I’ve since been eyeing this fine, fine pair of shoes.
CREATIVE DIRECTOR EMMA DEVINE: NICE, MOSTLY
– Membership to the Arkansas Art Center: Arshia and I attended a lecture on “Fashion and the Myth of the Mid-Century Modernism: 1947 to 1957.” It was so awesome! I’d love to get more involved with the Art Center next year and maybe even take some classes!
– Lush shampoo bars: There aren’t any Lush stores in Arkansas. I’ve been on the hunt for the perfect shampoo bar and the ones at Lush are amazing. (Jason and the Argan Oil is my favorite scent of all time.) Hoping my family out of town can help me stock up!
– An Instant Pot! It’s been getting a lot of hype the past couple of months and I’m very intrigued. Perfect for making delicious cold weather food this time of year, and everyone’s invited!
ASSOCIATE EDITOR WYNDHAM WYETH: BORDERLINE NAUGHTY
– A Movie Pass: It’s like Netflix for the movie theater. Only $10 a month gets you a movie a day.
– Lizzy Goodman’s book Meet Me in the Bathroom: Rebirth and Rock and Roll in New York City: An oral history of the rise of indie rock led by bands like The Strokes, Interpol and Ryan Adams.
– mother!: Darren Aronofsky’s film was one of the most divisive of the 2017, but personally, it was probably my favorite of the year.
– Grado SR80e Headphones: If I’m wishing big, I’d love a pair of these hi-fi headphones to keep at home with my record player.
EDITOR KATIE BRIDGES: SCROOGE
– A Chemex coffee maker to quell my $4 cafe au lait habit.
– A roomy bag to tote to work, like this one from Madewell.
– A bottle of Oregon pinot.
– Anything, really, from Fayetteville’s WITH Home Supply. I’ve had my eye on this Faribault throw.
– Allison Roman’s cookbook, Dining In. With two little ones at home, eating in is pretttty much our only option. Might as well make it fancy.